Facts about Agro Food Park
- Established 09-09-09.
- 100 hectares of land on the border of city and countryside.
- 5 hectares of test fields.
- 75 companies including 25 start-ups.
- Approx. 1,000 employees.
- From one-man businesses to large corporations with 450 employees.
- Mix of companies, knowledge institutions and associations.
- Arla Nativa (Arla Foods’ global innovation center) open in January 2017.
- 45,000 m2 offices, laboratories and common area.
- The development plan for the future of Agro Food Park is to be revealed in august 2016. The plan presents an Agro Food Park with room for growth and an estimated 325,000 m2 in the future
Results from company survey 2015:
- 90% believe that their location in Agro Food Park has had a positive effect on their company’s development.
- 80% of the companies introduced new products or services in 2015.
- 75% of the companies is expecting to introduce new services in 2016.
- 70% cooperate with other companies in Agro Food Park.
- 20% cooperate with more than five other companies in Agro Food Park.
- +80% indicate that they regularly participate in the professional events in Agro Food Park
Networks and proximity:
- Agro Food Park is part of the knowledge corridor in Aarhus, which stretches from Navitas on the port of Aarhus to Aarhus University in the city centre, to the IT city “Katrinebjerg”, to Skejby and Agro Food Park in the northern part of the city.
- 75.000 meals are consumed by employees and guests in the Agro Food Park canteen, Food Spot, each year.
- 10 industry-relevant drop-in meetings each year.
- 5-7 larger conferences each year.
- Visits from international delegations from all over the world almost every week.
Facts about Central Denmark and Business Region Aarhus:
- The central part of Denmark is also known as the country’s ”pantry” – more than 33% of Denmark’s total export from the food industry is produced in this region.
- Central Denmark has the largest concentration of food related knowledge in Europe.
- 110,000 students of higher education study in the central region.
- More than 700 scientists and specialists within food and agriculture are located in the central region.
- 190 international destinations are available from local airports (Billund, Aarhus and Aalborg).
- 1 km to highway E45.
- 750 meters to Aarhus’ new light rail (estimated to open in the middle of 2017).
- 1 km to Business Park Skejby and 20,000 knowledge jobs.
- 6 km to the centre of Aarhus.
- The Port of Aarhus is considered Denmark’s largest international container port.